When corn is at its peak, there are few things better. With just a simple dressing, a colorful and bright side dish is created. This salad can be made ahead, so it’s ideal for warm-weather parties and picnics. The light hue of white balsamic vinegar keeps the colors vibrant.
Balsamic Corn Salad
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3½ cups fresh corn kernels (about 8 ears)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp table salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup packed arugula
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add corn kernels; cook 4 minutes, stirring often. Cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together 1⁄4 cup olive oil and next 4 ingredients until combined.
- Transfer cooled corn to a medium bowl. Add tomatoes. Pour dressing over mixture, and stir well. Chill for 4 hours. Add arugula just before serving.