Green goddess dressing has always been one of my favorites. I normally make a double batch and use it as a dipping sauce for vegetables. The romaine lettuce can be cut into quarters an hour in advance, covered with a damp paper towel, and refrigerated until serving.
Green Goddess Romaine Salad
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 2 anchovies, packed in oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp table salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 romaine hearts
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes sliced in half, preferably all different colors
- Pulse the garlic and anchovies in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the parsley and next 9 ingredients, and process until smooth. Chill until serving.
- Cut the romaine hearts into fourths, lengthwise. Arrange them side by side on a platter. Pour the dressing down the length of each fourth. Top with the tomatoes.