One-bite appetizers allow people to mingle freely and nibble and are ideally passed at parties as guests are just arriving. Dainty yet satisfying, these are easy to eat and beautiful on a serving platter. The cheese should be sliced to fit neatly on top of the apricots. When herbs are starting to flower in the garden, add a blossom to each as a delicate garnish. Snip the blossoms and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Apricot and Honeyed Pecan Bites
- 1 Tbsp roasted pecan oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ cup (50 g) pecan halves, toasted
- 24 whole dried apricots
- 24 slices Camembert cheese, each about 1 inch (2.5 cm) square and 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon, for sprinkling
- Small fresh thyme sprigs or lavender flowers, for garnish
- In a small bowl, stir together the oil and honey. Add the pecans and toss to coat evenly.
- Arrange the apricots in a single layer on a platter. Top each apricot with a Camembert slice, trimming the cheese slightly, if needed to fit neatly, and top the cheese with a pecan half. Sprinkle with salt, garnish with thyme, and serve.