Thinly slicing raw Brussels sprouts is the key to this hearty, crunchy salad. Try it as a side for a grilled steak or roasted chicken. If you have any extra dressing, it’s a good dip for just about anything.
Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Salad
Makes: 4 - 6 servings
- 6 oz thick bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces (about5 slices)
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprouts
- Buttermilk Green Goddess Dressing (recipe follows)
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium-low heat 15 minutes or until crispy. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon, reserving drippings in skillet. Drain and set aside.
- Cut onion in half. Slice halves into 1⁄4-inch slices. Cook in hot drippings over medium-low heat for about 12 minutes, stirring often, or until lightly browned.
- While onion cooks, remove outer leaves and stems from Brussels sprouts, and cut in half lengthwise; then cut into 1⁄4-inch slices.
- Toss together Brussels sprouts, onion, and desired amount of dressing. Sprinkle with bacon before serving. Serve immediately.
Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Salad Copyright © Rebecca Lang Cooks | rebeccalangcooks.com
Buttermilk Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 2 anchovies, packed in oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh chives
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Pulse garlic and anchovies in a food processor until finely chopped. Add remaining ingredients, and process until smooth.
Buttermilk Green Goddess Dressing Copyright © Rebecca Lang Cooks | rebeccalangcooks.com