Arugula and pistachios are right at home with this cheerful pasta plate. Lemon and shallots marry for a bright taste ideal for a luncheon or light supper.
Lemony Green Bean Pasta Salad
Makes: 4 – 6 servings
- 12 oz uncooked casarecce pasta*
- ½ lb haricots verts (French green beans), cut in half length-wise
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 5 tsp lemon zest, divided
- ¼ cup finely chopped roasted salted pistachios
- 2 Tbsp Champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp table salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ cups loosely packed arugula
- Toppings: roasted salted pistachios, Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding green beans to boiling water during last 2 minutes of cooking time; drain. Rinse pasta mixture with cold running water; drain well.
- Place pasta mixture, thyme, and 3 teaspoons lemon zest in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- Whisk together 1⁄4 cup pistachios, next 5 ingredients, and remaining 2 teaspoons lemon zest in a small bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until blended. Drizzle over pasta mixture. Add arugula, and toss gently to coat. Serve with desired toppings.
Lemony Green Bean Pasta Salad Copyright © Rebecca Lang Cooks | rebeccalangcooks.com