Shopping for radishes at the farmers’ market can bring you a choice selection nearly as endless as the colors of Easter eggs. Using two different radish varieties automatically gives this salad a vibrancy of textures, colors, and flavors.
Georgia Shrimp and Radish Salad
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 lb unpeeled, large raw shrimp
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp table salt, divided
- ¾ tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 4 oz. watermelon radish, cut into fourths and thinly sliced
- 4 oz. d’Avignon radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup diced fennel bulb
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Peel and devein shrimp, and pat dry. Sauté in a very hot cast iron skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes.
- Combine shrimp, olive oil, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together orange juice, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour over shrimp mixture, and toss. Serve chilled.
Georgia Shrimp and Radish Salad Copyright © Rebecca Lang Cooks | rebeccalangcooks.com