The best of breakfast comes together here in a big cast-iron skillet. It’s lovely enough to take straight from the oven to the table, even for company. Starting out the day this way sets a pretty high standard for lunch and supper. Preheating the skillet helps the biscuit crumbs stay crisp.
Breakfast in a Skillet
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups crumbled biscuits or other homemade biscuits
- 6 oz extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, freshly grated (1½ cups)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 6 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Heat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet in oven 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage, onion, and garlic in a large, lightly greased skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, 10 minutes or until sausage is browned and onion is tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Add biscuit crumbles and next 3 ingredients. Stir until blended. Transfer to hot cast-iron skillet.
- Make 6 indentations in sausage mixture using back of a spoon. Break 1 egg into each indentation.
- Bake at 350° for 23 to 25 minutes or just until eggs are set. Serve immediately.
Breakfast in a Skillet Copyright © Rebecca Lang Cooks | rebeccalangcooks.com