When corn is at its peak, there are few things better. With just a simple dressing, a colorful and bright side dish is created. This salad can be made ahead, so it’s ideal for warm-weather parties and picnics. The light hue of white balsamic vinegar keeps the colors vibrant.
Balsamic Corn Salad
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 8 ears)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. table salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add corn kernels; cook 4 minutes, stirring often. Cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil and next 4 ingredients until combined.
- Transfer cooled corn to a medium bowl. Add tomatoes. Pour dressing over mixture, and stir well. Chill for 4 hours. Add arugula just before serving.