Blackberry Mint Julep
Makes: 1 serving
- ¼ cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 4 large blackberries
- 1 lemon wedge, cut into pieces (remove and discard seeds)
- Finely crushed ice
- ¼ cup (2 oz.) fine Kentucky bourbon
- ¼ cup (2 oz.) seltzer water or club soda
- Garnishes: blackberries, lemon wedge, fresh mint sprig
Place mint leaves in a 12-oz. julep cup. Add sugar, blackberries, and lemon wedges. Muddle well to dissolve sugar and release flavors.
Fill cup three-fourths full with ice; add bourbon. Stir well with an iced-tea spoon until blended, dispersing all ingredients throughout the drink.
Top with seltzer water, and stir. Add more sugar to taste, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
Blackberry Mint Julep Copyright © Rebecca Lang Cooks | rebeccalangcooks.com